Sunday, March 9, 2008

A PERSONAL THANK YOU FROM THE DESK OF DAME GREASE…………….

What's up everyone, It's a New Year and I want to thank everyone that's been riding with me. Let me tell you what’s in store for 2008. First off I want to thank my whole staff at Vacant Lot / Lot Musik, Soul Pitch Media, and Black Watch Entertainment. Thank you to all the DJ's worldwide for showing love to my projects – I'd also like to thank all of the media outlets who showed me love this year, especially HHNLive, Scratch Magazine, AllHipHop, XXL / XXLMag.com, Bronxrap.com, SixShot, Nahright.com, HipHopRuckus.com , HipHopGame.com and all of the radio stations that spun music I produced.

A lot has happened in the past twelve months; the year started off strong when I was able to produce "Feds Takin Pictures" for DJ Drama and "Roc-A-Fella Billionaires" for Freeway and Jay-Z. I was fortunate to be able to complete my commercial comeback during the second half of the year by producing the Beanie Sigel/Styles P joint "You Ain't Ready", several tracks on new albums from Hell Rell and Styles, and also my own single "Sour Diesel" with N.O.R.E. and Styles.

As great as 2007 was, right now I'm looking ahead to a prosperous 2008. I'll be executive-producing several projects this year, including albums from Tre Williams (Ill Will Records), Loon, Nicole Wray, and Donny Goines. My "Sour Diesel" album is still on deck to drop in 2008, and so are releases from Tanya "T6″ Dormevil and my group the Lenox Ave Boyz.

I've got several ventures popping off in the New Year as well. I've founded a new online magazine called HipHopBrain.com that's going to serve as a Hip Hop resource from the perspective of the artists. The site is going to have a lot of artist involvement in terms of the content and will hopefully provide a more direct link between the music and the fans who love it. There will also be a Dame Grease / Vacant Lot music channel online on Open Vision TV in the near future.

I want to send a shout out to the non-profit organization Young Faces Smiling, Inc. The organization is made up of a pastor and school teacher who have developed a new curriculum that incorporates popular culture to help kids maintain an interest in the subjects they're studying. I'm a member of their board and they've done a lot of great work bringing in actors, gospel singers, and all types of entertainers to inspire kids to keep up with their studies.
And I look forward to working with all the new companies who we'll be building with in 2008.

www.myspace.com/damegrease
www.myspace.com/vacantlotofficial

No comments: